Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Knock knock..?  (Read 10909 times)

Offline Alex_68

• PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale
Knock knock..?
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:18:05 AM »
Hello everyone,

by following Titan's footprints, I've arrived here today after a long walk throu the forests, like Edward Kenway in the Caribeans (btw... thank's for the admittance)  B)

I am an old gamer so... just let me get used to the hi-contrast layout of the site, then I'll be able (I hope) to give my contribute, if needed.

Oh... english is not my mother language so if you guys will excuse my frequent syntax errors I will be very grateful  o:)

Happy to be here, Alex.
PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | My PSN Trophies

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
Re: Knock knock..?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:33:10 AM »
Hello and welcome. It's nice to see new members on here as we don't get too many to be truthful. Its mostly a hardcore group of oldies who have been around for many years.  :D

Feel free to contribute as you see fit and do please stick around.  :thumbsup:

Offline Alex_68

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »
Thank you Kurt. I only need some time to get familiar with this board, its members and to read some topics, in order to "wear" the general mood. From what I've felt till now, this is a very cool place, made of people who like to laugh and have fun. Videogames are one of my favourite hobbies so... I will not take much time to feel at home here  :thumbsup:

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
welcome onboard.  nice to see new members coming here.  rarely do we get any members new or old coming here.  espeially new members which is rarer.  oh, english is my 2nd language too.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
Oh... english is not my mother language so if you guys will excuse my frequent syntax errors I will be very grateful  o:)

Happy to be here, Alex.

Hey Alex  :hi: Welcome and good to see you here. Alex is a buddy of mine from another forum. Don't worry about the language. There's plenty of people who post here where English is their 1st language and they still have the language skills of a drunk.

Thank you Kurt. I only need some time to get familiar with this board, its members and to read some topics, in order to "wear" the general mood. From what I've felt till now, this is a very cool place, made of people who like to laugh and have fun. Videogames are one of my favourite hobbies so... I will not take much time to feel at home here

Oh you'll be fine. The rules are a little more lax than other forums since we are about having fun. The members here are pretty chill and we pick on each other. If you go into Off Topic and check out some threads on the first few pages, you'll get a feel for how the guys are :)

And this forum operates differently than a vBulletin forum like PS4 Forum (since we use Simple Machines and we've customized it) so if you have any questions on anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. I get push notifications on my Tapatalk so I can respond back fairly quickly.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 02:49:34 PM »
welcome onboard.  nice to see new members coming here.  rarely do we get any members new or old coming here.  espeially new members which is rarer.  oh, english is my 2nd language too.

Hey paul, that hasn't been entirely true lately. We've had an uptick in registrations lately, and not by spam bots. Real people. And I checked the Analytics a couple days ago (something I've been really bad at the last few months) and we're getting some traffic from referrals. That wasn't the case a few months ago.

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
I activated 2 accounts today actually, Alex being one of them. There are still daily spam bots trying to get on though also although its not as bad as it was a while back.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »
I was just saying that we are getting more real people registering and not just spam bots :) And the way it's set up, it SHOULD send an activation email with a link. But I do notice that it does go to the spam catcher before they activate it via email. If they activate through email, it should not show up in spam catcher.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »
Hey paul, that hasn't been entirely true lately. We've had an uptick in registrations lately, and not by spam bots. Real people. And I checked the Analytics a couple days ago (something I've been really bad at the last few months) and we're getting some traffic from referrals. That wasn't the case a few months ago.
sounds like good news. B)

Offline Alex_68

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »

Thank you Paul!  :thumbsup:
I undestand your point. I think that the modern so-called social networks drew a lot of users from Forums. This is a real pity because forums still have a reason, since they are specific and not dispersive like FB or TW.

Hey Alex  :hi: Welcome and good to see you here. Alex is a buddy of mine from another forum. Don't worry about the language. There's plenty of people who post here where English is their 1st language and they still have the language skills of a drunk.

Thank's Titan, it's good to be here!! About the language, allrite, good to know. I am quite familiar with wine and beer, so I think I will be able to handle them. I mean, I'm very far from being an alcholist, but my opinion is that there's no good meal without a good wine, and there's no good company without a good beer.  :p

Oh you'll be fine. The rules are a little more lax than other forums since we are about having fun. The members here are pretty chill and we pick on each other. If you go into Off Topic and check out some threads on the first few pages, you'll get a feel for how the guys are :)

Yep, I've already noticed the friendly joking atmosphere. I like it!! The Off Topic part of the board has a lot of nice thread I will take part for sure, be prepared... lol.

I activated 2 accounts today actually, Alex being one of them. There are still daily spam bots trying to get on though also although its not as bad as it was a while back.

Spam sux, expecially in the Forums. A few years ago, I used to be the founder of a site for music collaborations, whose heart was a Forum based on phpBB. I'm speaking about 10 years ago more or less, when the spam was not so insisting and intruding but still a big pain because we hadn't real filters to eliminate it automatically, but it was all manual, with a big loss of time.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »

Thank you Paul!  :thumbsup:
I undestand your point. I think that the modern so-called social networks drew a lot of users from Forums. This is a real pity because forums still have a reason, since they are specific and not dispersive like FB or TW.

Exactly what happened. Since I took this place over though, I have studied PHP message boards very closely and done so much research about this. The one problem PHP forums has is they didn't really keep up with the times. They were still pretty popular even when Facebook took off, but since the internet has gone mostly mobile, people have migrated to forums like Reddit which are simply designed and very mobile friendly. Try to go on this site (with the mobile theme shut off of course :) ) or any other PHP message board on your phone. Does not work very well. Incredibly inconvenient. This is why I had put a lot of emphasis on making this place mobile friendly. I have us on Tapatalk and I installed a mobile version of this site which works very well.

Another problem was search engine algorithms changed. The details are a bit muddy to me (this is something I'm working on learning :) ) but to my understanding, they rank based on traffic. A lot of smaller forums fell back in rankings and only the big player sites ended up on the top pages.

Offline Alex_68

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 11:20:48 PM »
Exactly what happened.

All of my friends use FB with no exception. They use it on a daily basis and they have substituted it with the normal direct approach to other people. Means that FB has become the primary method to communicate with the others. For those who began to use internet recently, the word 'internet' itself is just a synonymous of FB: they do not use the net for other reasons... The tragedy is that they developed a true addiction to FB, untill they can't live without, otherwise they feel social outcasts...

PS.: I tried to access the Forum with my PS4 yesterday and by default I get the layout for phones, nice!  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:07:49 AM by Alex_68 »

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:56 AM »
huh, a new guy. That's right, i'm gonna call you new guy until i see you've posted enough to be called and average guy. In time, you'll be known as old guy number ##

You got that new guy!!

j\k

Welcome to forums. :)
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Alex_68

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:34:32 AM »
Thank you Soul!!

New guys sounds good to me. Just don't call me new girl please...  B)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk