login

Author Topic: ***January 2015 Tournament*** FROGGER!!!!!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D One of the top 10 topic starters One of the top 10 posters Destiny Weekend 1 Participant
    • Beaker Photography
    • Awards
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
***January 2015 Tournament*** FROGGER!!!!!
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »
Alright guys. Last two weeks of the month which means its time for another tournament. This month, it's Frogger. Same rules as last time. Play as much as you want, get the high score before Jan 31 and win the coveted Frogger award below.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Took on the king ape himself! Reached 1000 Posts Green Boxer Shorts Award.....just because
    • Awards
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
Re: ***January 2015 Tournament*** FROGGER!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »
Its a tough game this, especially getting the frog into the furthest left hole.  :p

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Drove to riches and got the most jewels in the Jan 2016 Arcade Tournament! Flapped their wings to victory in November 2015 One of the top 10 topic starters Again, won the monthy Arcade Tournament Managed to be squished the least to get the highest score in the Frogger Tournament
    • Awards
  • PSN ID: jokermit
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »
At first i didn't know how to play this game.  Then i realize i need to cross the "street" without getting hit by any vehicles.  So I crossed halfway through the street and try to cross the other remaining halfway without getting hit by logs, insects, and crocodiles.  But i kept dying, so eventually i step on the insects and i realize oh i need to step on them to cross.  so i realize this other halfway are water, not land.  i didn't realize these are insects and logs either until i step on the insects.

i can tell the things with long sharp mouth are crocodiles.  speaking of crocodiles, at first i didn't dare walk on it afraid i might get eaten and lose a life but i actually can step on them too to cross.  not only that but when i try to make it to the left hole that is the remaining last hole for me to enter, it showed an image of a crocodile just when i was about to enter but i didn't die but make it through the next level.  interesting.

yay! again, for now i am the champ.  cool. B)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:32:55 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D One of the top 10 topic starters One of the top 10 posters Destiny Weekend 1 Participant
    • Beaker Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »
For the love of God we can't have Paul win 2 months in a row. Someone knock his ass off :)

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Drove to riches and got the most jewels in the Jan 2016 Arcade Tournament! Flapped their wings to victory in November 2015 One of the top 10 topic starters Again, won the monthy Arcade Tournament Managed to be squished the least to get the highest score in the Frogger Tournament
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
just now  i spent like 2 hours playing frogger game hoping to beat my original score of 4070.  I finally did but i died a lot and spent a lot longer time playing this game than last time.  i realize there are only 3 levels in this game because after i filled in all the 5 slots of level 3, it still show level 3 with all the 5 slots filled.  so i tried getting the frog to go in one of the holes that are already filled and i died.  i have 1 life left so i did that again and i still died then game over.  strange. :confused:

during playing this time, i find out that if there pic of a crocodile or alligator in one of the slots, don't go in it or otherwise i am going to die.  because the last time i played,  i thought i can go in and didn't get eaten.  maybe i mislook the pic of something else thinking that was a crocodile or alligator.  While crossing on one of the things on the water, i find out that i can step on the alligator and cross but not on its mouth when its opens otherwise i am going to get eaten and die.  i can step on it when its mouth is close or step on its back or tail would be fine.

this time playing, there are like a couple things i find strange.  say if i tried to cross in one of the holes but miss and die, the timer doesn't reset back to full but continue to reduce where it last left off.  The second thing i find odd is in some very rare times, i did make it through the hole but instead of having a picture of a frog in it, i die and lost a life and have to make it through the hole again.  either that or i make the right move from crossing on one of the things on the water but i still die anyway.  i am pretty sure i didn't accidentally push on the wrong directional buttons on the keyboard but i still die anyway.  strange.  as if someone hack into the game and makes me die.  as if that hacker is trying to cheat on me.  This happens a couple times during level 3 where i still have all 5 lives left.  As if that hacker doesn't want me to know level 3 is the last level or something.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:56:41 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • Beaker Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:01:26 AM »
Just a reminder. This is the last day for the tournament. It ends at 11:59 EST and I'll award the winner when I kill my hangover tomorrow morning.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • Beaker Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »
Congrats Paul. Your award has been assigned.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 04:37:46 PM »
oh thank you.  really cool. B)

i think why the pic needs to be in png is because png is a lossless compressor while jpeg is a lossy compressor.  so for basic image, png is the best than jpeg because it has no compression artifacts and save space too in term of bandwidth.