Author Topic: yabasic  (Read 1946 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mike wilcox

yabasic
« on: December 12, 2000, 11:07:53 AM »
do anyone know how to start yabasic on the demo disc that came with the   ps2?
BOOYAKASHA!

Offline Darth Joyda

  • Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4534
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 11:22:08 AM »
I don\'t, if you mean a new program...

And the programming seems to be hard. WoW. Really.

I couldn\'t understand a word from the setup-texts ;)

Well, with time, I may someday learn to "communicate" with it :)
[FONT=\"Impact\"][SIZE=\"4\"][COLOR=\"SlateGray\"]\"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes\"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline mike wilcox

cheers
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 11:25:58 AM »
i can get ybasic up but it only says something about the keys and some small programs it says press l1 and a keyboard will show but nothing happens theres a list of things at the bottom of the screen but i cant seem to access them.
BOOYAKASHA!

Offline politiepet

  • ********************
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 12:37:01 PM »
if you press the select button, you\'ll be transported to the bottom line, if you press the directional buttons left or right, you can choose a new sheet, on which you can start making a program, here\'s where you can press L1 for the keyboard, there are three sheets
#RaCeR#:
i hope they all get aids and die they should bnt tbbe having sezx with just anyone they should be in love if theay are foing to have sex not just to make money I htink its wrong for them to just have sexzx for the fun of it specially when some of the performancs are married, its just wrong. tey are givng out deaseases to anyone and its just not right i tell you i think its really really wrong specially when tey have sex i dot whach porno though so im not sure what they do i dont theink theyr realy hjave sex its all just pretendnig but you never no what they do its just wrong speciallly when they dont even love each other its wrong i ell you in tsi just wrong. wtings owting wtrong wtongs wtongs. i dont like it. prlease explaions.

Offline Darth Joyda

  • Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4534
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 09:15:23 PM »
Thanks ;)

But who can really make programs with it? :)

I sure can\'t.

I just need time, that\'s all.

And today I don\'t have... :p
[FONT=\"Impact\"][SIZE=\"4\"][COLOR=\"SlateGray\"]\"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes\"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Mr. Kennedy

  • Resident Libertarian
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 9110
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2000, 06:21:43 AM »
What is yabasic?  I still haven\'t gotten my disc yet! ;)
\"In the last 12 months 100,000 private sector jobs have been lost and yet you\'ve created 30,000 public sector jobs. Prime Minister, you cannot carry on forever squeezing the productive bit of the economy in order to fund an unprecidented engorgement of the unproductive bit. You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt.\" - Daniel Hannan

Follow Me on Twitter!

Offline Samwise

  • Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 12129
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! One of the top 10 posters Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2000, 09:50:51 AM »
Quote
Originally posted by SyxxKorn
What is yabasic?  I still haven\'t gotten my disc yet! ;)

Have you not seen the numorous threads about YABASIC lately?? I hope you\'re kidding...

YABASIC is a programming language for PS2. You won\'t get it in the States as far as I know. It was on the demo disc shipped in Europe and Australia.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)

Offline politiepet

  • ********************
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2000, 01:43:46 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by Samwise
Quote
Originally posted by SyxxKorn
What is yabasic?  I still haven\'t gotten my disc yet! ;)

Have you not seen the numorous threads about YABASIC lately?? I hope you\'re kidding...

YABASIC is a programming language for PS2. You won\'t get it in the States as far as I know. It was on the demo disc shipped in Europe and Australia. [/B]

not that it\'s important, but yabasic isn\'t a prolramming language for the ps2, they made a ps2 version of it, but it is in now way made for ps2, it\'s much to simplistic to make a good game or what not,
If you don\'t have the demo, try http://www.playstation-basic.com, it has a link to a site where you can download yabasic for your pc
#RaCeR#:
i hope they all get aids and die they should bnt tbbe having sezx with just anyone they should be in love if theay are foing to have sex not just to make money I htink its wrong for them to just have sexzx for the fun of it specially when some of the performancs are married, its just wrong. tey are givng out deaseases to anyone and its just not right i tell you i think its really really wrong specially when tey have sex i dot whach porno though so im not sure what they do i dont theink theyr realy hjave sex its all just pretendnig but you never no what they do its just wrong speciallly when they dont even love each other its wrong i ell you in tsi just wrong. wtings owting wtrong wtongs wtongs. i dont like it. prlease explaions.

Offline Samwise

  • Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 12129
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! One of the top 10 posters Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2000, 11:27:25 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by politiepet
not that it\'s important, but yabasic isn\'t a prolramming language for the ps2, they made a ps2 version of it, but it is in now way made for ps2, it\'s much to simplistic to make a good game or what not,
If you don\'t have the demo, try http://www.playstation-basic.com, it has a link to a site where you can download yabasic for your pc

Ok, then let me refrase it. YABASIC is a PS2 version of the BASIC programming language. It is just that - basic. Meaning you can\'t do much advanced stuff with it, but it can be fun to experiment with nontheless.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)

Offline politiepet

  • ********************
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2000, 11:22:36 AM »
Quote
Originally posted by Samwise
Quote
Originally posted by politiepet
not that it\'s important, but yabasic isn\'t a prolramming language for the ps2, they made a ps2 version of it, but it is in now way made for ps2, it\'s much to simplistic to make a good game or what not,
If you don\'t have the demo, try http://www.playstation-basic.com, it has a link to a site where you can download yabasic for your pc

Ok, then let me refrase it. YABASIC is a PS2 version of the BASIC programming language. It is just that - basic. Meaning you can\'t do much advanced stuff with it, but it can be fun to experiment with nontheless. [/B]


hahahaha, you\'ll probably think: what an ass, for correcting me, like it matters. I\'m sorry for that, but I need to correct you again, yabasic is NOT the ps2 version of the basic programming language, yabasic is a form of basic that has been released for pc, and now also for ps2.
sorry for saying this, please don\'t hit me
#RaCeR#:
i hope they all get aids and die they should bnt tbbe having sezx with just anyone they should be in love if theay are foing to have sex not just to make money I htink its wrong for them to just have sexzx for the fun of it specially when some of the performancs are married, its just wrong. tey are givng out deaseases to anyone and its just not right i tell you i think its really really wrong specially when tey have sex i dot whach porno though so im not sure what they do i dont theink theyr realy hjave sex its all just pretendnig but you never no what they do its just wrong speciallly when they dont even love each other its wrong i ell you in tsi just wrong. wtings owting wtrong wtongs wtongs. i dont like it. prlease explaions.

Offline Chrono

  • Suikoden Maniac
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2575
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2000, 11:28:27 AM »
try

-------------
CLS

DIM x AS LONG
DIM s AS STRING * 80
DIM count AS LONG

\'initialize
FOR1 = 1
MID$(s, 1 + 1, 1) = CHR$(INT(RND * 200) + 50)
FOR x = 1 TO 1
NEXT

COLOR 2

DO
FOR x = 1 TO 4
MID$(s, (INT(RND * 20)) * 4 + 2, 1) = CHR$(INT(RND * 200) + 50)
NEXT x

PRINT s
\'PRINT

IF count < 60 THEN \'fill up initial screen fast, then go slow
count = count + 1
ELSE
FOR x = 1 TO 100000
\'delay
NEXT x
END IF

LOOP WHILE INKEY$ = ""
-------------

I\'m taking basic then C++
that creates a matrix like display
its primative but would be cool on a TV :)





Offline politiepet

  • ********************
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2000, 11:34:07 AM »
what does it do?
#RaCeR#:
i hope they all get aids and die they should bnt tbbe having sezx with just anyone they should be in love if theay are foing to have sex not just to make money I htink its wrong for them to just have sexzx for the fun of it specially when some of the performancs are married, its just wrong. tey are givng out deaseases to anyone and its just not right i tell you i think its really really wrong specially when tey have sex i dot whach porno though so im not sure what they do i dont theink theyr realy hjave sex its all just pretendnig but you never no what they do its just wrong speciallly when they dont even love each other its wrong i ell you in tsi just wrong. wtings owting wtrong wtongs wtongs. i dont like it. prlease explaions.

Offline Samwise

  • Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 12129
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! One of the top 10 posters Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2000, 11:36:07 AM »
Quote
Originally posted by politiepet
Quote
Originally posted by Samwise
Quote
Originally posted by politiepet
not that it\'s important, but yabasic isn\'t a prolramming language for the ps2, they made a ps2 version of it, but it is in now way made for ps2, it\'s much to simplistic to make a good game or what not,
If you don\'t have the demo, try http://www.playstation-basic.com, it has a link to a site where you can download yabasic for your pc

Ok, then let me refrase it. YABASIC is a PS2 version of the BASIC programming language. It is just that - basic. Meaning you can\'t do much advanced stuff with it, but it can be fun to experiment with nontheless. [/B]


hahahaha, you\'ll probably think: what an ass, for correcting me, like it matters. I\'m sorry for that, but I need to correct you again, yabasic is NOT the ps2 version of the basic programming language, yabasic is a form of basic that has been released for pc, and now also for ps2.
sorry for saying this, please don\'t hit me [/B]

Lol, like it matters. ;)

Ok. Let me rephrase that AGAIN. YABASIC is a variant of the BASIC programming language. You can find BASIC on many computers, ranging from Commodore 64 to Amiga to PC to - now - PS2.

I\'ll not hit you. Yet. :)
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)

Offline politiepet

  • ********************
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2000, 11:42:05 AM »
LOL, you got it right the first time!!!! LOL,
#RaCeR#:
i hope they all get aids and die they should bnt tbbe having sezx with just anyone they should be in love if theay are foing to have sex not just to make money I htink its wrong for them to just have sexzx for the fun of it specially when some of the performancs are married, its just wrong. tey are givng out deaseases to anyone and its just not right i tell you i think its really really wrong specially when tey have sex i dot whach porno though so im not sure what they do i dont theink theyr realy hjave sex its all just pretendnig but you never no what they do its just wrong speciallly when they dont even love each other its wrong i ell you in tsi just wrong. wtings owting wtrong wtongs wtongs. i dont like it. prlease explaions.

Offline Samwise

  • Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 12129
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! One of the top 10 posters Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
    • Awards
yabasic
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2000, 11:46:30 AM »
Well, you do realize that I\'ve said the same thing all along then, right? ;)
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)