login

Author Topic: Coolest Church EVER. You\'ve got to see this. (May be a bit disturbing to some people)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline SonyFan

• EGA Warrior - Mod
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Reached 1000 Posts
    • http://
    • Awards
It\'s the Sedlec Ossuary, a Catholic cathedral near the town of Kutna Hora in the Czech Republic. Originally it was built to help the town grieve after it was nearly devistated after the plauge and a brutal war (dunno the name) in the 14th to 15th century. What\'s amazing about it that nearly all of the ornaments in it are made entirely of human skeletons. Nearly everything in this church from the arches to the chandaleers to the crosses to the altar are bone. Truly amazing. Even part the new Dungeons & Dragons movie was filmed at the cathedral, so watch for it should you go see the flick. Here\'s a few pictures below along with a link to larger photo gallery. Also, TLC\'s new "Mummies : Unwrapped" special has a small feature on the church.

http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/silver_p/kutna.html
Please Bleed.. so I know that you are real.
Please Bleed.. so I know that you can feel the damage that you\'ve done.
What have I become? To myself I am numb. ~ Ben Harper
Plane Crash <-- moe. (Listen to while staring at Heat\'s Avvy.)
PSO Ep I & II~ Tesla: LvL 101 HUmar |Sinue: LvL 32 RAcaseal |Mana: LvL 52 FOnewearl |Malice: LvL 42 RAmarl

Offline Joker

• The Clown Prince Of Crime
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
its a marvel at mankinds igenuity...I\'ve seen it on the mummy special aswell. Very cool indeed
\"do we seriously have to shut down every thread that doesn\'t start out gay? Only threads you guys don\'t fuck up are the ones that start gay anyway.\"Videoholic

Offline Zavijava

• Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Still a new member but moving on up!
    • Awards
Intriguing to say the least. Any figures as to how many human bodies were used? Imagine being involved in something like this. "Hey you, Joe architect, we\'ve got a couple thousand dead bodies, can you use them to bulid us a church?" Sorry, I guess that\'s in bad taste, but you have to admit it\'s really bizarre. It seems that the grieving process has changed significanty since then.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Samwise

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Hot damn. Been here a long time. 15 years!!!! Spends a lot of time here. They made 10000 posts :^D One of the top 10 posters
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
    • Awards
Wow, that\'s really, um, special. I must admit that I\'ve never seen anything quite like it before. Cool idea. ;)
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)

hmmm yeh interesting

oh damn
that was my 100th post. if i knew that i would\'ve made it a bit longer. ah well :hold:

Offline nO-One

• Legendary Member
    • Awards
that is cool as hell
I wish my room was like that,well better get started on decerating it now were is my knife;)
but this is really cool
I recently discovered that my ass is the key to the universe.....now I must fight to protect my ass from those who might abuse it!!!

Offline Darth Joyda

• Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
"cool as h3ll".. :laughing:

Nothing can fit the subcribtion of that church better..

Hehe. I mean, set the church on fire and you got livin h3ll... ;)

nah, only kidding
[FONT=\"Impact\"][SIZE=\"4\"][COLOR=\"SlateGray\"]\"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes\"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Sublimesjg

• La Rata Loco

• Legendary Member
    • Awards
yea thats just is bad ass - i never knew that bones could fit together that well and make things that big and cool
This Sig is a Work in Progress.
The Spaminators

Offline Halberto

• \'99, \'03, \'05, \'07
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
look
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2000, 12:27:04 PM »
look at this:

Holy ****.... Look at this...

I would not sleep in this place for $500, even if it is a church...

Offline Darth Joyda

• Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
So wouldn\'t I either. If there\'s a place where demons enjoy living in, that\'s the place. The whole place is... demonic. Scary. Like ripped out from a horror-movie.

But I\'d like to visit that place. It must have really deep atmosphere.

Imagine playing spiritism there... but that\'s a dream-place for a s4t4nic pyromaniac.

How many ppl have been used there? HUNDREDS OR MAYBE THOUSANDS AND BEYOND.... sick.

But in the middle-ages they used to trap heretics, murderers, rapists etc. inside a wall; they like buried them alive. Imagine...

Oh and back then torturing was entertainment. It didn\'t stop to gladiators. After then, there came witchcrafts etc., so horrible deaths for witches that you could never imagine.
[FONT=\"Impact\"][SIZE=\"4\"][COLOR=\"SlateGray\"]\"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes\"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline SonyFan

• EGA Warrior - Mod
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
Umm.. Joyda, didn\'t you read what I had originally posted?

"It\'s the Sedlec Ossuary, a Catholic cathedral near the town of Kutna Hora in the Czech Republic."

This church isn\'t a place of satanic rituals. Perhaps you missed the crusifix in the background of some of those pictures. The church was built, not by sadistic psycos out for a jolly, but by a town that was grieving over the loss of nearly all their citizens due to the Black Plauge and a major war. I find it kind of humbling to look at those pictures and know that those people\'s bones are forever in the house of their god. In fact, I kind of envy them since when I die, I\'ll probably just be put in some hole that has no real historical or spiritual significance.

BTW: I\'d PAY 500 dollars to spend the night there!!!
Please Bleed.. so I know that you are real.
Please Bleed.. so I know that you can feel the damage that you\'ve done.
What have I become? To myself I am numb. ~ Ben Harper
Plane Crash <-- moe. (Listen to while staring at Heat\'s Avvy.)
PSO Ep I & II~ Tesla: LvL 101 HUmar |Sinue: LvL 32 RAcaseal |Mana: LvL 52 FOnewearl |Malice: LvL 42 RAmarl

Offline kirath

• The Proper Disciple
    • http://www.doodmonkeyradio.com/audi
    • Awards
crazy
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2000, 10:10:32 PM »
I knew all those catolics were crazy..!

Just kidding..
but Im not that religous but that is crazy looking.  I would love to visit it and learn its history more

www.doodmonkeyradio.com 24/7 dnb and underground hiphop
Word to the mothership

Offline Luke

• Russian Guyovich
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
thats the kind of thing i would love to see in person. its just too bad that there are so many wonders ill never get to see. except the pyramids, im going there someday for sure.
Helloski.

Offline Darth Joyda

• Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
    • Awards
Originally posted by SonyFan
Umm.. Joyda, didn\'t you read what I had originally posted?

"It\'s the Sedlec Ossuary, a Catholic cathedral near the town of Kutna Hora in the Czech Republic."

This church isn\'t a place of satanic rituals. Perhaps you missed the crusifix in the background of some of those pictures. The church was built, not by sadistic psycos out for a jolly, but by a town that was grieving over the loss of nearly all their citizens due to the Black Plauge and a major war. I find it kind of humbling to look at those pictures and know that those people\'s bones are forever in the house of their god. In fact, I kind of envy them since when I die, I\'ll probably just be put in some hole that has no real historical or spiritual significance.

BTW: I\'d PAY 500 dollars to spend the night there!!!  

Sorry, mean that, I did not. But it looks like S4t4nic, hmmmm, yes. But atmosphere it gives, and great for religion, that is. But I just said, for Example did I, that they once more horrible things than this did. They, yes, buried humans alive. Hmmmm, sounds scary, does it not?