Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What kind of spider is this?  (Read 7148 times)

Offline fastson
  • Keyser Söze
  • Legendary Member
    • http://
What kind of spider is this?
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »
I didnt know we had such big fucking spiders this far north? :eek:

This is by FAR the biggest one I have ever seen.

About 6.5-7cm long I would say, hard to tell when he\'s smashed.

We found this one crushed by the garage door, I almost had a heart attack when I first saw the legs sticking out, because I thought he was still alive.  :eek:

I think it might be a hobo spider, they are about that size. The thing is hobo spiders don’t exist here naturally, they came here when the Öresund Bridge was built and emigrated from Denmark up here.

I\'m used to 1-2 cm black spiders, not this shit. Now Im thinking of going to Svalbard during the summer, this place is not safe any more. ;)
\"Behold, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed\"
-Axel Oxenstierna 1648

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »
pfft, thats small.. Looks something like a huntsman.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline fastson
  • Keyser Söze
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 03:08:59 PM »
Found a pic of a hobo spider.. What do you think? The legs might be wrong.

Soul: I know you guys "down under" have spiders as big as plates, no risk of me every going to Australia then, not unless I have a Anticimex crew with me. ;)
You think this one might be poisonous?

Cant wait for the winter. No more insect, spiders, mosquitoes, flies, whatever. I have grown to hate the summer in the last few years.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:12:30 PM by fastson »
-Axel Oxenstierna 1648

Offline Evi

• Bah!!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »
It\'s kind of hard to tell with its guts smashed on the wall...

Offline CHIZZY

• Icky:1994-2005
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: chizzbot
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
at first I was impressed, then I realized that was a metric ruler....

still, not too bad... I\'ll post pics of the 15 funnel web spiders in my arborvitae trees, they\'re about that big. Plus you can throw insects at their webs and they jump out and grab em.
Dinosaurs were killed in the flood. -#RaCeR#
Halle Berry just loves to give me the \"Dutch Oven\". That\'s why I stopped going down on her. It pisses me off so much that I just bang her til she faints. Bitch.-GmanJoe
i just try to make my sefhappy , by beng i company of fri

Offline CHIZZY

• Icky:1994-2005
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: chizzbot
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »
vid might wanna look out for this one....
Dinosaurs were killed in the flood. -#RaCeR#
Halle Berry just loves to give me the \"Dutch Oven\". That\'s why I stopped going down on her. It pisses me off so much that I just bang her til she faints. Bitch.-GmanJoe
i just try to make my sefhappy , by beng i company of fri

Offline Jumpman

• Legendary Poster
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:23:12 PM »
And it fucking steals money! Gd that\'s freaky!

But honestly fastson you found that in your house? That would haunt my dreams for a lifetime if I saw something like that.
Who is this anamoly we call Jumpman? How is he able to do what he does and still survive after years of torment? It seems he feeds on the hate, growing with an intense passion to put unassuming members in their place.

Offline clips

• In ChArGe..Ya DiG?!
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Blackgas7
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 08:31:42 PM »
i used to pick up spiders about the size of that quarter and keep them all in a bowl and watch them fight...:D...but i won\'t touch anything bigger than that. only spiders that i\'ve seen down here are black widows,..and they aren\'t that big at all...
knowledge, wisdom & understanding..these are the basic fundamentals of life

if you can\'t amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t....

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »
Quote from: clips
i used to pick up spiders about the size of that quarter and keep them all in a bowl and watch them fight...:D...but i won\'t touch anything bigger than that. only spiders that i\'ve seen down here are black widows,..and they aren\'t that big at all...

Yeah but widows can fucking kill you.

We have some big spiders here in Jersey. Wolf spiders are absolutely crazy. When you try to smash them, they move really quickly out of the way. Their bite hurts too. I\'ve never been bitten but know people who have.

I have a love hate relationship with spiders. I hate them in my house but love watching them fight each other and catching prey. I used to work at a pool and we had a lot of free time. We\'d catch varous insects and throw them into this one spider web (it was fairly big). It was fun watching him run out, spin his prey up and eat it. Sometimes he spun it up and left it there and we would eventually see him run out and grab it when he got hungry. Very fun to watch.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline clips

• In ChArGe..Ya DiG?!
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Blackgas7
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »
Quote from: Titan
Yeah but widows can fucking kill you.

We have some big spiders here in Jersey. Wolf spiders are absolutely crazy. When you try to smash them, they move really quickly out of the way. Their bite hurts too. I\'ve never been bitten but know people who have.

I have a love hate relationship with spiders. I hate them in my house but love watching them fight each other and catching prey. I used to work at a pool and we had a lot of free time. We\'d catch varous insects and throw them into this one spider web (it was fairly big). It was fun watching him run out, spin his prey up and eat it. Sometimes he spun it up and left it there and we would eventually see him run out and grab it when he got hungry. Very fun to watch.

yea..fun indeed..:fro:...what i did happen to see while i was in jersey a few times was how a hunting wasp would hunt down spiders,...i seen one actually go into a burrow of a spider *im not sure what kind it was*,..but the you can usually tell a hunting wasp when you see one..they\'re usually black and their wings kinda flick when they walk....anyway the wasp went into the burrow of the spider and the spider came running out of it\'s burrow :p....i don\'t know what happenned after that cause the spider chose to try and hide between rocks...

another time i saw a hunting wasp just snatch the spider from it\'s web with ease,...this time it was the type of spiders that are usually in the corner of your garage,...hmmm just imagine what the black widow looks like,..it was that type of spider, y\'know the kind with the very small head but has a big butt...anyway this wasp just ripped through the spiders web and while the spider did try to defend itself, *by trying to web up the hunting wasp*, the wasp just went through the webbing, stung the spider flew away...it was really amazing cause the spider was just hanging there on the web,... now knowing what i know from watching the discovery channel, the wasp merely paralized it, but i did happen to see the wasp come back, snatch up the spider in it\'s mouth and fly away with it...

it\'s kinda funny seein spiders gettin owned like that, cause up close they look really ferocious..it\'s like the wasps are like the spiders kryptonite or something,... cause most spiders aren\'t afraid of any other insect, except this hunting wasp...:p
knowledge, wisdom & understanding..these are the basic fundamentals of life

if you can\'t amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t....

Offline Cerberus

• I\'ve got 3 heads!
  • Legendary Member
  • ffffffffff
    • Random Stuff.
  • PSN ID: Surebrec
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 02:21:55 AM »
Quote from: clips

I used to do that with house spiders.
Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you. I don't care where you've  been or what you plan to do. I am the resurrection and I am the light. I  couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Offline fastson
  • Keyser Söze
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Jumpman

But honestly fastson you found that in your house? That would haunt my dreams for a lifetime if I saw something like that.

No he was outside by the garage door, we cant access the garage from inside the house, thankfully I might add. We have a lot of stuff out there, I bet spiders love places like that.

I keep scanning the walls with a flashlight whenever I go to bed now. I also throw down the quilt on the floor and check the mattress. It has happened a few times to my brother that he has crushed a spider (small ones, like 1-2cm) when he has been sleeping, the spider most likely would hide under the quilt.

Damn, I hate these fricking things.
-Axel Oxenstierna 1648

Offline Unicron!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 04:38:28 AM »
Quote from: Jumpman

If I found something like that in my house it would have ended in a cage as a pet.

Offline Cerberus

• I\'ve got 3 heads!
  • Legendary Member
  • ffffffffff
    • Random Stuff.
  • PSN ID: Surebrec
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »
I remember when I was at art college years ago, I found an unusually large  house spider in the sink in one of the rooms, I painted it bright yellow & red with some watercolour paints I found lying round, then told the lass sitting next to me that I found a poisonous tropical spider in the sink.

She almost shat herself when she saw it, she went screaming like a bitch to one of the tutors.

We all got sent out of the room while they spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what species it was and what they should do about it, they only figured out what had happened when they found the paints on the side of the sink.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 07:01:44 AM by Cerberus »
Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you. I don't care where you've  been or what you plan to do. I am the resurrection and I am the light. I  couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Offline nO-One

• Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 10:49:08 AM »
Fast, no reason to go all way up to Svalbard, join me here in the land of fire and ice no bad insects, no snakes, no reptiles no nothing. Just .... unicorns and care bears
I recently discovered that my ass is the key to the universe.....now I must fight to protect my ass from those who might abuse it!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk